Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Increased confidence for the world

Confidence was the theme this week, and specifically increased confidence in intuitive and decisive areas of life.  After all, what good is having a strong intuition about something or making a bold choice if you are constantly second guessing yourself or if you worry if you did the right thing or not.

I have had moments of confidence in my actions in the past, but in the past few years I’ve not had any.  I have to confirm with others (my wife and friends) that I’m doing the right thing or at least a good thing.  It certainly doesn’t help that many of my major choices have been slapped back in my face for a variety of reasons.  Some of the failures were outside my control completely and but a few of them were lack of realism on my part that they would actually work.

Looking back I can see that I either didn’t have full faith that my choices would work out or I ignored some obvious flaw in my plan.  I may have told myself it was the right thing, I may have confidently portrayed myself with exceeding confidence to those around me, but I was deep down fooling myself.

I have a good friend who believes that when looking for an idea to make money that you have to think huge.  For example, if you want to make 100 grand per year, you have to have a million dollar idea.  I recently read that the opposite tends to be true.  Start with something small that you really feel good about and it will blow up.

My problem lately is that I can’t think of anything.  I like writing this blog even though no one probably looks at it, I like working on my house.  I like some of my hobbies, but the passion really doesn’t bubble up.  I haven’t been fired up about something for a while, so I’m hoping that by trying out some ideas at the very least I can cross them off my list.  So I really hope that my gift of confidence to the world can come back to me in a big way.

No comments: