Friday, April 24, 2020

Increased intuition for the world

This week the magick principle I worked on was increased intuition.  To recap what I am doing, I’m following a magickal program that uses brief rituals to help empower various qualities in me.  One of the steps is to imagine that I am gifting everyone in the world with the very power I am seeking.

I have been thinking a lot about intuition lately because of this and the benefits of being more intuitive.  To me it’s somewhat like faith, but it’s a more fleeting feeling.  Maybe more faith in yourself that you know what choice or word or action to take to end up where you want to be.  Any goal in life is going to have obstacles in the way, but being able to intuit the best way to get from point a to point b is having a way to get through the obstacle without being trapped in it.  For me, when I’ve had a better grasp on this it’s almost like you have a tailwind pushing you in the direction you want to go.  There are still difficult tasks on the path, but if you know that is what you need to do and then do it, there are increased benefits.

Take for example the start of my career in teaching.  I was newly sober almost 14 years ago and I was told I needed to go to a conference on addiction in Utah.  At the time I didn’t have the money or stability in my life to make it work, but people in my life insisted that it would be good for me and I had committed at the time to listen to people.  So I sucked it up and bought a ticket and paid for the conference.  I had no idea what I was getting into, but it turned out to be one of the best experience I’ve ever had.  A friend of mine was supposed to be a speaker at the conference who would tell their story of addiction to the group of almost 300 people.  I was impressed that she would do such a thing and was happy for her and excited to see her do it.  Turns out at the last minute she had a family emergency that kept her at home.  When I arrived at the conference I was approached by the director who asked me if I would be willing to take her place.  I didn’t know what to say, but after a pep talk from another friend I accepted.  I had to speak for 50 minutes in front of this huge group, tell my embarrassing story of addiction and recovery and I only had a day to prepare.  To make a long story short (too late), I nailed that presentation and got a standing ovation.  I was overwhelmed with such a great feeling!  After the talk, the director approached and told me to go to the office and give my information to the secretary - the conference was going to pay for my entire trip!  I again was in disbelief, all my worries about money and time and everything had just been thrown out the window.

All that happened because I trusted my intuition that maybe my close friends did know what was best and that I should listen and do what they told me.  I had my doubts that it would all work out in the end, but that push was what I needed to break out of the funk I’d been in.  I was in a bad place after getting sober, my life was not going where I wanted it to.  At the time I wouldn’t have called listening to those around me an intuitive notion, but my goal was to make my life better and my means to getting there was not questioning suggestions that I received from loved ones.  I could have skipped the trip and I would probably have stayed sober, but the amazing ride that I had after that probably would have been so amazing.

The part of that intuition that I want back is the feeling I had those years ago.  It’s like being on a moving sidewalk that goes through a haunted house.  There are lots of scary things you see while riding on that sidewalk, but they are all fake.  My intuition of trusting advice given from good sources felt like the scary parts of the ride only approached more quickly, because I started moving towards them at a faster pace.  What happened was that I ended up going through them faster and I got through the scary parts faster.  Had I chosen to not follow the advices I would have just stood still or went backwards on the moving sidewalk and just prolonged the inevitable scary parts.  Being able to trust my intuition at the time helped me so much and without a doubt it helped me.

My hope is that at least one person will read this and get some benefit from this and their life will then become easier.  Even if that doesn’t happen, I still made the attempt at spreading this gift.

No comments: